The Clear Lake Fire Department was dispatched to a reported home fire early this morning at 0015 hours. The Clear Lake Police Department, Clear Lake Fire Department and Cerro Gordo County Sheriff’s Department responded to 1121 North 5th Street in Clear Lake. Upon arrival heavy smoke was billowing from the second story and attic spaces of a two-story home. Three occupants of the home and their pets had safely evacuated prior to the fire department’s arrival. Firefighter’s entered the home, quickly contained the fire to the attic space and second story of the home. Ventilation of the smoke and heat was obtained with roof top ventilation and use of powered fans. Damage was contained to the attic and second story. The fire is believed to have been caused by overloaded electric circuits in the attic that initially ignited insulation and spread to framing members of the roof and ceiling. Damage estimate is $18,000. The property is owned by Jeff Whitehurst of Clear Lake and occupants were Denver Foote, Jeremy Anderson, and Jamie Kilborne. The owner did have insurance for the property. The Clear Lake Fire Department responded with 3 companies with 15 firefighters and was assisted by the Ventura Fire Department with 1 company and 5 firefighters. Also assisting was staff from Alliant Power Company. There were no injuries.