Cade Hartwig-CLFD Memorial Scholarship Program
Application due date: August 5th to CLFD
The Clear Lake Fire Department is proud to offer the Cade Hartwig-CLFD Memorial Scholarship to Clear Lake High School Seniors, who will be preparing to enter their first year of college and pursuing their education at a technical college, community college or university.
1. One male and one female will be awarded a $500 scholarship
2. Preference in scholarship selection will be given to dependents of current or past members of the CLFD and students pursuing public safety, fire or emergency science, health sciences or teaching careers.
3. Must have a GPA of 2.5 or above and enclose a copy of their transcript in the application packet.
4. Applicant must enroll in a college or university in the state of Iowa and be considered FULL TIME.
5. Applicant must write a minimum 500 word essay describing their interests, experiences and activities that have contributed to their decision to enter their chosen profession.
6. Applications and essays should be turned in to the CLFD prior to August 5th with award winners being notified by September 30th.